Sunday, March 05, 2006

Monday, February 27, 2006

I now have one of “those” stories to tell. So after lunch some of us were out on the lawn taking a nap under the shade of a big tree, when I suddenly felt this little “plunk” on my chest. At first I thought somebody tapped me, and I lay there, not wanting to open my eyes. But to my surprise, when I did open my eyes I was greeted by a half-dollar sized bird turd, foaming on my white t-shirt. I rolled over to the person next to me and asked, “um, do you mind telling me what this is?” He laughed, then everyone laughed, and then some pictures were taken. When I get those pictures I’ll post them below…

By 9:45 am the charter bus was loaded and we were off to a nearby water park for the whole day. Two, large outdoor pools, indoor pool and five/six water slides were spread between the lush, green Brazilian trees and rolling hills. Behind the pool area was a fishing pond, a sand volleyball court, futsol (soccer) court and another spacious field.


Marcelo, Leandro, Élida and I started off playing volleyball. We soon had quite the crowd watching our games, as our team kept winning “King of the Court” style. It wasn’t until after a few hours of playing, when the sun was hot and we were tired :) that we lost to the older adults (they were good). I was ready for a break.

The pool was refreshing and fun. After lunch, our nap, the bird poop and more swimming, Luiza, Flávia, Kuka and I started a game of truco; of course we (Flávia and I) won… ha. I think we played three games undefeated, and then Leandro came we I was on his team as we helped him remember how to play.

One of the guys had an American football; that brought some excitement from Kuka, as if you remember from the Joinville trip, Kuka plays American football there. He is a huge guy but can still through a hard, tight spiral.

Other games were played in the afternoon, and then we had dinner.

While the girls took forever taking showers, Rafael, Carol, Marcelo, another guy I don’t know his name (but he brought the American football), and I convinced the park to turn on the biggest water slide; even though it was dark and getting chilly, we enjoyed ourselves doing some crazy dives down the slide.

Once everyone was clean and ready, we had a fireside. Probably the most interesting part of the fireside was when Flávia and Élida made a bet with me. There was a man sleeping on a chair by the front door, and they, for some reason, thought the man was a woman… ha, he “has curves”, they said. Ha… well, after a pretty funny conversation, the man woke up, and they realized their error.

After the fireside (FHE) we danced until 3 am. It was a good time.

Here are some pics from the dance:
Natália teaching me how to dance!

Me and Élida!

Flávia and me!

I didn't say I danced the WHOLE time... 3 am is late.

No comments: