Thursday, February 16, 2006

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What’s long, blue, hallow, see-through at some angles, and takes over two hours to go 35 km? The Florianópolis bus system, of course.

By 2 pm David and I headed off to the beach, hoping to go to the Joaquina beach. From the bus stop in front of our hotel we went to the terminal in Floripa, from there we went to the terminal in Lagoa da Conceição, and after waiting and waiting for the Joaquina bus to show, we took the bus to Praia Mole instead (the beach we went to our first time).

A blanket of clouds covered the afternoon rays. The high tide made for smaller waves (it seemed) but still fun to play in.

Our biggest ‘oops’ came when we first arrived. We wanted to go to a different beach, so we walked down the coast to the beach along side Praia Mole. Ha… well, as we were approaching the beach we saw a big sign “nude beach”. Dave was quick to point it out, just in case I hadn’t seen it. Needless to say, we hadn’t brought our birthday-suits, and decided to stay in our bathing-suits.

Today I took it easy because I was still feeling sick from the night before. Right before I went to bed I took some medicine on an empty stomach. Forty-five minutes later I was on my knees, hugging the bathroom stall – throwing up. I felt fine afterwards, but it made for a queezy feeling the rest of the day at the beach and after.

No comments: