Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday, 24, 23:24 hours


When you use the restroom in most countries outside of the US, do you have to thrown the toilet paper in the trash instead of the toilet? I’ve never been to another country outside the US besides Brazil, but here, that’s definitely what we do. Here, look… The wastebasket is instead of putting the tp in the toilet. Kinda gross, eh?

We started teaching our second class of CASP this week. I got to teach the “Brasão” (or in English, … um… I guess I’d be called the shield. ) It’s an activity that takes about 40 minutes that helps each student organize talents they have and accomplishments they’ve had in their lives, both scholar and personal. This shield is a fountain of information for later activities in the course so it’s important to help them be specific with what they write and help them see the importance of why this shield will be important for them later. It went well, I was pleased.

Outside of teaching the class, not much else happened during the day. It was still raining… for lunch we stayed in the office and ate leftover Chinese food and sandwhiches… good combination. I ran to the market on the 2nd floor w/ Jo, one of the workers I already talked about. She is so funny and loves giving me a hard time with anything I do. I don’t think I mentioned this earlier… probably cause I didn’t know, but Jo is married and has 2 kids. Cute kids, I saw pictures.

I also sent an email to a vice president of Inter (when I called asking for who to talk to, they sent me to him) thanking them for letting me take pictures, and offering 2 pictures for free. We’ll see if they respond and are interested.

Dave and I went to a few bookstores downtown looking for books we have to read for our BYU classes. We were able to find 2 of the 3. I’m sure we’ll find the 3rd later. It seems pretty popular, hense there were no more for us.

After coming back to the hotel and resting for a bit, Dave’s friend, Fabrice, showed up about 5:15 and we went to the mall on the other side of town. Wow! Very nice mall. Nicer than any I’ve been to in Illinois or Utah. There we ate a quick dinner from the food court in a Sam’s-like grocery store and then went to see the movie Dick & Jane (with Jim Carrey). Watching it from a brazilian’s perspective was pretty interesting. I probably laughed more. I liked the movie.

Fabrice then took us back to our hotel and we’ve been here since. Dave went to bed about 10:30, and I’m still up doing my blogg thing. I should probably hit the sack though. Tomorrow’s another day of teaching.

Oh, have I mentioned we’re staying here in Porto until Friday?

P.S. Good news. Danielle’s car was found the other day! Only her radio was stolen! What a miracle.

Here are more pictures of our hotel room.


My bed is the one on the right.


No mom, these are not my pants J (sorry dave).

No comments: