Friday, January 13, 2006

Saturday, 14, 2:26 am

My blogg has been setup. I’ve never done a blogg before, but to me it just like I’m sharing my journal with everyone and anyone that wants to read it.

Once again I’m dead tired, but it just had to be done.

Today’s training was one of the more boring days. We went through the “Self-Employment Workshop”, which is an awesome workshop, but I have no desire to start my own business. I’ve probably been scared straight from the parental influences that help me know that’s not what I want to do :o). So instead of being taught the workshop I would have much rather just learned the techniques on how best to teach it. We could have saved a lot of time not doing each exercise, but rather just talking and explaining it. On the other hand, I know many other people enjoyed the activities because they really have new ideas with which they could begin companies.

At about 4:00 pm we took our big vans to Welfare Square downtown to learn more about how the Church fulfills the humanitarian needs of people all across the earth. It was actually a very enlightening visit and opened my eyes even more to the great help our church provides to many, many people.

After Welfare Square one van went back to the hotel, while the other dropped people off at Temple Square. A few people went to the temple while others had other errands to run. Danielle, Rachel, Daniel and I went to the Distribution Center. I traded the conference DVD I was given for Christmas for the multi-lingual version that just arrived today, so I can show it to people while I'm in Brazil. My mission buddy, Jason Hunt, met us at the store and then gave us and Jon and Leah a ride back to the hotel. Then Jason and David (Layton) and I met up with Geoff Gough at the hotel, and then went to Rice-Eccles stadium and met Brinkerhoff and then took off to Farmington to visit Jason Romney who returned from his mission 2 weeks early because his mother is so sick. He’s been home only a week. I love that kid though, great guy. Everyone from our MTC district is just amazing for his own ways.

At Romney’s house we ate pizza with Gamble who led us to Jason’s house. It was so great to see that kid. After supper we played games (pool, table tennis, foosball) and just hung out and caught up on the past few years. At 10:00 pm we returned back to Salt Lake.

One we returned to the Guest House, Dave and I quickly changed into more comfortable sleeping clothes, and then we played a rousing game of Catch Phrase in the lobby. After which we gathered on the 3rd floor and studied scriptures – David, Jeff, Lori, Amanda, Danielle and I were the group who read Alma 42.

Tomorrow’s our last day for training and I need my rest.

No comments: